Mr. John Kimotho is a key champion and thought leader behind the ELICE , serving as on the Secretariat as Co-Director. He’s the Senior Deputy Director & Deputy CEO at the Kenya Insitute of Curriculum Development (KICD) where he’s Head of Educational Media . At KICD, his portfolio oversees the national Curriculum Development of Print and Electronic curriculum support materials (Radio, TV, Interactive Digital Content, Online Teacher Development Courses).
He is also a member for the Global Digital Literacy Council, currently establishing standards for relevant work force in 2016.He is an ambassador for and strong advocate for Digital Literacy to spur development through knowledge economy.
John is an educator in transformative leadership at community, national and regional levels. He trains communities in leadership skills, and a strategist in establishing world class sustainable educational technology facilities in Africa for Africa.
John Kimotho seeks to:
• Empower the individual and community to utilize ICTs to access education and training that will enable people realize and reach their potential
• Promote a learning culture among and across communities leading to sharing of knowledge and resources
• Promote national cohesion, peace and co-existence among Kenyans
• Enhance knowledge and embracing of eGovernment across EAC to promote transparency, accountability and efficiency, leading to transformative democracies in Eastern Africa
• Promote creativity and innovative culture in the Eastern Africa region leading to localized technologies for local problem solving and knowledge export